[L2Ork-dev] Purr Data & Raspberry Pi 400?

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 02:50:53 EST 2020

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 4:29 AM Linux ROUEN Normandie <linux.rouen at free.fr>
wrote:

> It's a good news that Purr Data is working fine on rPi 4. Hopefully, it
> should be the same with the new rPi 400.

It's just a Pi4 made to fit into the keyboard, so I don't see any problems
there. There are some issues with cooling, though, when the Pi4 is running
at high cpu loads. I don't know what they did about that in the Pi400, does
it have a fan or just passive cooling?

Q: I have found on OBS your Rapsbian_10 link
> <https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/aggraef/Raspbian_10/>
> for downloading 'purr-data_2.15.2+git4757+2d04705d-1.debian.tar.xz' (as of
> 03-Nov-2020). Is it the good one?

Yep, that's the one. But I'd recommend using the package repository so that
you get automatic updates and all the dependencies. See the instructions in
the wiki at https://github.com/agraef/purr-data/wiki/Installation#raspbian.
Also note that those packages will only work on a stock (32 bit) Raspbian,
not on one of the 64 bit flavors that can be found on the web.

Based on my reading, it seems we need to blacklist the internal Audio for
> being able to properly use the external one.

You don't have to do any of that. Just plug the USB device into the Pi,
configure it as the ALSA (or Jack) audio I/O and you should be set. That
way you can keep using the built-in soundcard for other purposes. If you
disable the built-in soundcard then may run into trouble because Purr and
other applications will fight over access to the device.

I'm currently using either CSL-1
> <https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01BNQERRQ/ref=pe_3044141_185740131_TE_item> or
> CSL-2
> <https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07MPBVRNF/ref=pe_3044141_185740131_TE_item>
> when I need to have a second Audio device under GNU/Linux / ALSA / JACK2

Yeah, those will work fine, just as well as pretty much any of those cheap
USB audio devices.

Good luck, and let us know how Purr works on your Pi400 when you get it!

Albert

Now, I will need to wait at least 4-5 weeks before getting my Raspberry Pi