[L2Ork-dev] L2Ork-dev Digest, Vol 115, Issue 6

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 20:50:11 EDT 2024

On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 12:40 AM Nathan J Paek <nathanjp at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>

> Thanks for your reply! Question about the demo game - could the visuals / game be implemented with something like Unity, and Purr Data utilized for the audio?

Sure, it's possible to go that route. But keep in mind that the bulk
of the project would be about audio interaction and so would be coded
in Pd.

> Did some research on the pd graphics library GEM and it gave me a couple ideas, but mostly in the realm of video effects or evolving live visualizers (though it seems like some people have been able to do some really impressive things haha https://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/4201/game-engine-with-pd-gem). Where should I be looking to think about an interactive game?

A good place to start might be to have a look at some classic
visual/interactive games and try to figure out how you could implement
the same game with, say, audio input/output instead of
mouse/joystick/etc.

> Also for future reference would this be the best place to run specific ideas (proposal drafts) I have by you?

You can post them here.