[L2Ork-dev] GSoC 2023

James Hu jameshu2022 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 01:47:54 EST 2023

Hi,
My name is James and I came across Purr Data from the GSoC page. I was able
to successfully download Purr Data and start playing around with the
software. Even though I don't have much experience with digital music
production, I really enjoy learning about the software. I just had a few
questions about Purr Data and GSoC.
1. I was most interested in the CPU Profiling project, but is in-depth
sound/DSP experience required? I do have past experience with playing
instruments and C/HTML in my university coursework but have no past
experience with making digital music.
2. I know many organizations have a list of "beginner-friendly" bugs that
are great for helping potential contributors get acquainted with the code
base. Does Purr Data have something similar? I haven't found anything, but
I'm afraid I'm looking in the wrong place.
Sincerely,
James Hu