[L2Ork-dev] Pd-L2Ork 20230820 is now available

Linux Rouen Normandie linux.rouen at free.fr
Wed Aug 23 21:27:00 EDT 2023

Hello Ico,

Thank you for releasing Pd-L2Ork-full-20230820, here
rev.8559baef-aarch64.deb.
After downloading it from your web site, I just installed it on my
Raspberry Pi 400 running under Raspberry Pi OS 11 (Bullseye) 32-bit.

I really like your new 60-hz GUI.
And it's still a little bit strange when you move back and forth between
Pure Data (Tcl/Tk) and Pd-L2Ork / Purr Data (HTML5). From my user point
of view, it would be very nice to have into one application all the best
of them.

After a quick test, I have detected few issues of which:
1- GEM errors in the console (I'm not a GEM user yet):
"""""
GEM: image loading plugins: magick SGI STB jpeg tiff
GEM: film loading plugins: MPEG3 aviplay gmerlin quicktime4linux
GEM: image saving plugins: SGI STB jpeg magick tiff
GEM: model loading plugins: OBJ
/  error: [GEM:recordNDI] Please (re)install the NewTek NDI Runtimes to
use this plugin.//
//... click the link above to track it down, or click the 'Find Last
Error' item in the Edit menu.//
/ error:                need to find the library 'libndi.so.4'
GEM: video record plugins: QT4L V4L V4L2
/  error: [GEM:videoNDI] Please (re)install the NewTek NDI Runtimes to
use this plugin.//
//  error:                need to find the library 'libndi.so.4'//
/GEM: video capture plugins: NDI dc1394 decklink v4l v4l2
"""""

2- [fluid~]
"""""
error: fluid~: no method for 'gain'
"""""
I have tested both Pd-L2Ork-20230820 and Purr-Data-2.19.3-20230725 with
the same configuration on the same RPi with the same Audio/MIDI patch,
Purr Data is okay but effectively no [gain( control with Pd-L2Ork.

3- Launching Pd-L2Ork K12 still open (only) Pd-L2-Ork.
Is a dedicated K12 version still current ?

4- I have also some minor issues with Abstractions (name displayed) into
GOP but it's needing further investigations. Purr Data doesn't have them.

Best,
Joseph Gastelais