[L2Ork-dev] Upcoming L2Ork performance

Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Dec 6 12:47:23 EST 2022

Dear L2Ork friends, and Pd-L2Ork enthusiasts,

After a very busy year, L2Ork is excited to share a few updates with our
members, fans, and supporters.

Continuing the tradition of crowdsourced musicking, this evening, Tuesday,
December 6, @ 6pm Eastern US time, L2Ork is thrilled to livestream the
premiere of our next work. Titled "Transcontinental Grapevine", the work is
inspired by the opening loop of the "Grapevine" song by Lane 8 and
Elderbrook. It is also our most ambitious telematic crowdsourced effort--by
using our L2Ork Tweeter platform and Pd-L2Ork free and open source
software, we will seek to synchronize prerecorded intro from the aforesaid
"Grapevine" song and dozen performers spread across two locations thousands
of miles apart: Blacksburg, VA, USA, and Buenos Aires, Argentina.

So, we invite you to join us this evening in the Virginia Tech Cube. And if
you are unable to attend in person, we invite you to join us via our
livestream at https://youtu.be/n4oC13hTf_g

The livestream will start at 545pm Eastern US Time.

We also invite you to stay tuned for more exciting updates coming up
immediately following the performance, including the imminent release of a
new major version of Pd-L2Ork that includes a completely revamped K12 mode.

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Director, Creativity + Innovation
Director, Human-Centered Design iPhD
Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology

Virginia Tech
Creative Technologies in Music
School of Performing Arts – 0141
Blacksburg, VA 24061