[L2Ork-dev] xy.pd; error: array: couldn't find named array ' '

Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Nov 25 06:08:28 EST 2021

BTW, after some investigation, the reason why this patch does not work
within Pd-L2Ork (not to be confused with Purr-Data) is because Pd-L2Ork
seeks to ensure that the mouse clicks are handled from the top to bottom
and only by the topmost clickable object. Otherwise, patches like these can
result in inconsistent behaviors where objects are triggered from the
bottom to the top, as opposed to the other way around. Pd-L2Ork has
effectively three types of objects, those that are clickable and therefore
capture the click without passing it below, those that are not clickable
and therefore pass the click to objects below (e.g. comments, or mycanvas),
and a new special case, pass-through objects that allow for capturing click
while also passing it below. All these account for clicking order (top to
bottom). Most importantly, the last category also allows for the creation
of the same functionality as the complex xy.pd patch through a single
ggee/image instance, making it a lot simpler and less CPU intensive
solution. Hope this helps.

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Director, Creativity + Innovation