[L2Ork-dev] About menunew message

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 13:35:15 EDT 2021

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 7:59 AM Flachy Joe <flachyjoe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> why the native "pd menunew Filename Dirname" message was removed ?

It's almost certainly the other way around-- Pd Vanilla removed the
"filename" method and replaced it with "menunew".

Anyway, I'm sure we can add the "menunew" method.

> In order to create a new abstraction in Purr-Data I need to send
> "pd filename Filename Dirname; #N canvas; #X pop 1;"
>
> It breaks compatibility and I think #N and #X objects should be keeped
> private as they are system's ones.

You can access #N and #X in Pd Vanilla, too. Given the way the code is
written it would be very difficult to make them private.

-Jonathan