[L2Ork-dev] building purr data on fedora

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 13:23:04 EDT 2021

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 1:10 PM Ashim Tom <ashimtom7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi I am tryin to build purr data on fedora
> the build guide doesn't have guide for fedora users
> the dependent-packages/libraries are having different naming conventions in fedora
> is there way to get names of dependent packages for fedora?

I believe someone posted not too long ago about successfully building
on Fedora. Perhaps
they can shed some light on it.

The pd.spec and pd-extended.spec file in the repo is ancient-- we just
inherited them from
pd-extended a long time ago.

Linux dependency-graph maintenance for Purr Data needs a big overhaul.
Here's what we currently have:

1. the dependency list for apt-based distros in README.md which is
manually picked over and
almost certainly out of date
2. Whatever Albert is using to install dependencies for his debuild
process (again, for apt-based distros)
3. Whatever insights come from the person who previously reported that
they've been building Purr Data rpms

Best,
Jonathan