[L2Ork-dev] Regarding build time improvement

Suraj Modi modisuraj61 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:56:42 EDT 2021

Thanks, Jonathan,
I did the following things First I freshly installed and activated
emscripten,
Then I cloned git clone https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data.git
repository in two different directories.
In one directory I made changes as before converting make to $(MAKE)
then I run commands make emscripten on the unchanged directory and make -j4
emscripten o changed directory one after another.
The first time it downloaded lots, and ,
make emscripten - 8 min 25 sec to be up and running on localhost
make -j4 emscripten - 4 min 49 sec to be up and running on localhost

Again, I run commands same as to make emscripten and make -j4 emscripten
This time it took much less time

make emscripten - 2 min 20 sec to be up and running on localhost
make -j4 emscripten - 1 min 2 sec to be up and running on localhost

Further enhancement possible is that all the makefiles which run within
make emscripten like in externals etc can also be modified further and will
improve a lot in build time.

Thanks