[L2Ork-dev] Regarding on project idea.

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 23:38:33 EDT 2021

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 2:21 AM GUNJAN YADU <gunjanyadu6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Jonathan,
> There is one project idea "Speedy Keyboard Entry Holy Grail". I have found one document regarding this(https://usermanuals.finalemusic.com/Finale2012Win/Content/Finale/Speedy_Entry.htm). Am I interpreting this project correctly or going in the wrong direction. Kindly guide me. Can you please elaborate on this project?

Oops, I missed this message somehow.

The idea is basically to figure out a way for the user to create a
diagram using the keyboard in the most efficient way possible. With
Finale's Speedy Entry, essentially all the users agree that it is the
"right way" to input notes into the software, even though there are
other ways to do it using the mouse.

Right now in Pd every user has their own idiosyncratic way that they
prefer to create objects and connect them together. So this project
idea would be to design and implement a keyboard-only input method
that is fast for creating objects and making connections among
objects.

-Jonathan