[L2Ork-dev] git status showing lots of changes.

Akash Negi akash8900 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 14:48:45 EDT 2021

Hi Suraj ;
I followed these commands to build the web version of the project. The
version you are using is the app version.

*1.Setup*

### Installing Dependencies (Linux)

sudo apt-get install git automake cmake fakeroot dpkg-dev libgconf-2-4

*2.Installing Node.js (macOS, Linux)*

curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nvm-sh/nvm/v0.35.3/install.sh |
bash

*3.Installing/Activating Emscripten (macOS, Linux)*

git clone https://github.com/emscripten-core/emsdk.git
cd emsdk
git pull
./emsdk install latest
./emsdk activate latest
source ./emsdk_env.sh
./emsdk update-tags
./emsdk install tot
./emsdk activate tot
cd ..

*4.Building Purr Data for Emscripten (macOS, Linux)*

git clone https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data.git
cd purr-data
git checkout emscripten
make emscripten

*5. Running Purr Data in a web browser*
- After the building is successfully completed, visit http://localhost:5000
in your browser.
- You can run `npm start` under `*purr-data/emscripten/project/purr-data*`
to run the app again.

 Directory Structure
- components: Elements that are dynamically added to the page. (canvas,
dialogs, menu)
- components/dialogs: Copied dialogs files from `purr-data/pd/nw` folder.
- css: Copied css files from `purr-data/pd/nw/css` folder.
- css/webapp: Styles created for the web browser.
- dist: Browserified Javascript files. (pdgui.js, pd_shortcuts.js,
pd_canvas.js)
- libs: External dependencies.
- utils: Common functions used for this project.