[L2Ork-dev] Contributing to PurrData GSoc'21

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 12:36:50 EST 2021

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 11:37 AM Atseosi Idogho
<atseosi.idogho at ucdconnect.ie> wrote:

> Hello,
> My name is Atseosi Idogho and I am a second-year undergrad at UCD Ireland.
> I am completely new to the world of open source and also relatively new to coding (although I do have some projects under my belt).
> Would you recommend contributing to PurrData to someone like me who is very new to this? I am wondering how steep the learning curve may be?

Hi Atseosi,

Welcome!

What programming languages have you used so far?

Also-- I'd suggest downloading the software, read through a few of the
tutorials and trying it out. Pd is actually a diagram-based
programming language and it's possible to do a project entirely using
diagrams. There are a lot of ninja users in the community and though
I've tried to convince some of them to do this, I haven't had any
takers yet. :)

Best,
Jonathan