[L2Ork-dev] Interested in working on JIT-compiled Signal Graph for the Audio Engine

Prateek Pardeshi prateekpardeshi9 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 10:22:20 EST 2021

Hi everyone,

I'm Prateek Pardeshi, a junior Computer Science student at SRM IST,
Chennai. I have been contributing to Open Source since October 2019 (Since
Hacktober 2019).

Since then I'm in love with Open Source, because of that I use Linux as my
Primary OS and contribute frequently to OS organisation.

My Previous Open Source Experience:

1. Open Source Fellow'21 at HackIllinois
2. GirlScript Summer of Code'20 Participant
2. Mentor for StudentCodein'20 (Similar to Google Code-in)

Project link:
https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/summer-of-code-ideas-list#jit-compiled-signal-graph-for-the-audio-engine

I'm interested in this project because I worked as a fellow under
Dr.Michael Kruse, maintainer of LLVM Compiler Infrastructure(Polly), also I
am contributor at LLVM Compiler Infrastructure, specifically Polly, which
is a loop optimiser written in C language. I'm familiar with the LLVM
community and the working/debugging/building/issues of LLVM
compiler Infrastructure.

Recently I worked on refabricating reference-counting used for memory
management to C++ binding.
This project will provide me an opportunity to work on something new while
contributing to the Open Source.

Also, would like to know your expectations, deliverables, scope and
thoughts on this project.

In addition to that I've contributed to Gatsby(also an ex-maintainer),
GNOME, LBRY, UNO Project, etc.

Looking Forward to being a long term contributor here. :)

I think my email was bounced back by the mailman due to a custom domain, so
sending again from gmail.

Regards,
Prateek Pardeshi