[L2Ork-dev] json?

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Sun Jan 24 16:51:26 EST 2021

Le 21-01-24 à 12 h 38, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :

>> So I'll create a carefully crafted $HOME/.pdsettings
> Here's a tip-- when you right-click on an object and choose "Help",
> the title bar for the help patch should show the full path to the
> external.
>
> If you run into any problems, first check if you can instantiate the
> object. Then right click "Help" and check the path to make sure you're
> someone is loading a different version of an external than they think
> they are loading.
>
> For sanity, you can navigate to the directory that holds an external
> binary and start with "-noprefs" and "-nostdpath" flags. Now if you
> try to instantiate the binary it will *only* load from that directory.
>
> -Jonathan

Thanks for the tip, it will help with both Pd Vanilla and Purr-Data.

I will build simple patches, not large projects, and once I'll know
which extensions I need, I'll load them via a dedicated config.

I was hoping to manage a large json file, but it'd be much better to do
it from some other software. I was planning to use pyext (as I did in
2003), but sadly the latest version is not built with python3.

I was also hoping to use the Purr-Data GUI like a web browser with
HTML5, WebGL and all the rest, but I'm not sure it's possible.

Marc