[L2Ork-dev] Problems installing on Ubuntu Studio 20.04

Rukshan J. Senanayaka rjsenanayaka at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 04:39:07 EDT 2021

Hello Marcelo,

I faced similar issues when I first tried setting up. I'm running the same
operating system (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS) as yours. Did you *exactly* go through
the package installation steps as mentioned at
https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data#linux.

Two of the packages were not supporting Ubuntu 20.04 so I had to manually
install them.

   - Package *slv2-jack* is not available
   Solution: Install manually from
   https://askubuntu.com/questions/1138928/bionic-18-04-what-packages-to-use-for-slv2-jack-slv2-jack-slv2-jack
   - Package *libjpeg62-turbo* is not available but is referred to by
   another package.
   Solution: Install manually from
   https://debian.pkgs.org/sid/debian-main-amd64/libjpeg62-turbo_2.0.6-4_amd64.deb.html

Since these two packages are not available you may have to run the `sudo
apt-get install <package-name>` for other packages, without including these
two. Otherwise, the installation would stop installing the packages after
the error.

After installing all dependencies, you can,
*(Warning: `make realclean` deletes all uncommited changes in the branch -
do it at your caution)*

*(Replace <.deb-file-name> with the .deb file name that you will have on
your /purr-data/ folder.)*

*`*cd purr-data &&
make realclean &&
git checkout master &&