[L2Ork-dev] issues on rasbian 9/10

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 20:29:14 EDT 2021

Just a quick followup: Comparing the source of our s_audio_alsa.c with that
of vanilla I do see some substantial differences. In particular, it seems
that we never backported two of Miller's commits from way back then,
https://github.com/agraef/pure-data/commit/75819aad and
https://github.com/agraef/pure-data/commit/de2ba0f6. In particular, the
former has an entire chunk of sw parameter initializations which is
completely missing in our code.

What I can do as a quick check is to pull the latest s_audio_alsa.c from
vanilla into my testing branch and do a test build on my OBS preview
channel so that we can try it out on the Pi. That way we'll lose Sam
Thurston's recent MR concerning the error checking code in the module, but
we can always pull that back in again later if needed (vanilla also has
some changes there, so Sam's fixes might not be needed any more).

Stay tuned,
Albert