[L2Ork-dev] Purr Data v.2.14.0 - JGU Release

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 13:42:13 EDT 2020

Hi Jonathan,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 6:29 PM Jonathan Wilkes <jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 7:16 AM Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You remember correctly, Guillem's branch is still WIP:
> https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/-/merge_requests/560
>
> Ah, good. Sanity restored. :)

Being the master of releases is a demanding job, that's for sure. But
you're doing great, staying calm amidst all the turmoil, with everyone
around you trying to lure you to their merge requests: "Come look at my
MR!", "This one is ready, merge before release, please!", .... :))

I'm very curious to read the responses to the patch-private
> abstractions Guillem designed and
> implemented. I think he chose a sensible path for UX that will make
> sense to current users as
> well as being easy for new users to pick up on.

Ah ok, so this is basically finished and needs review? I can hopefully do
that later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning, after 2.14.2 is out.

Joseph wrote:

> Among other things, I'm really impatient to look at Gillem's
> implementation of Private Abstractions which will simplify our complex
> patchs design.

I think that you'll be glad to hear that I'm about to add a
purr-data-preview package to the OBS, so that we have a channel to get
those experimental branches into the hands of Linux users much more
quickly. I think that this would help tremendously with the reviews,
because then people willing to give a helping hand don't have to find and
build stuff themselves, which is a big barrier for most people.

In particular, Joseph, as you can't wait to try out Guillem's private
abstractions, I guess that if I can upload a preview package with them,
you'd be more than happy to give them a whirl and report back, right? :)

Also, I think it would be helpful to have some length of a "review