[L2Ork-dev] OSX version 10.8

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:03:14 EDT 2020

As long as it still builds without any tweaks on the most recent
version of OSX, I see no reason to drop it.

Musicians are funny.

Apparently they all found a box of cash a decade ago and spent it on a mac.

Tragically, they are all poor today and cannot upgrade their hardware.

They are savvy enough to keep running modern versions of all their
software-- even realtime DSP programs!-- on ancient, unsupported

Yet they were all so naive to have gotten locked into a
planned-obsolescence ecosystem in the first place.

Anyway, the moment Apple does something to break our 10.8 build we
should drop it.


On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:40 AM Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I see, thanks for the clarification.
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 4:28 PM Sam Thursfield <samthursfield at pm.me> wrote:
>> I've opened https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/-/merge_requests/550 to restore the flag if needed.
>> On Wednesday, 16 September 2020 14:35, Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > As an aside, does that mean that the runners are back online again? I have one pending merge request where all the runners failed, I'd like to just start that pipeline again, is it ok to do so?
>> I'm not sure about that. I am testing using a separate runner that I set up myself.
>> Sam
> --
> Dr. Albert Gr"af
> Computer Music Research Group, JGU Mainz, Germany
> Email: aggraef at gmail.com, web: https://agraef.github.io/
> _______________________________________________
> L2Ork-dev mailing list
> L2Ork-dev at disis.music.vt.edu
> https://disis.music.vt.edu/listinfo/l2ork-dev

More information about the L2Ork-dev mailing list