[L2Ork-dev] Purr Data: File / Print... PDF

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 05:58:04 EDT 2020

Hi Joseph,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 1:57 AM Linux ROUEN Normandie <linux.rouen at free.fr>
wrote:

> The File / Print... (PDF) feature of Purr Data is very useful, but
> depending of the patch you can get sometime/often only part of it.

Well, it looks like I wrote this stuff some 4 years ago. ;-) I needed it as
a quick and dirty means for the students to add a printout of the patch to
their homework assignments. Maybe it's time to revisit it.

So, is it possible to have access to this window (which only appears ~ 1/2
> second with frozen default parameters) for being able to tailor your print?

The API which nw.js provided for this purpose at the time (
https://nwjs.readthedocs.io/en/nw19/References/Window/#winprintoptions) was
rather limited and didn't allow user interaction. But it looks like there's
a new autoprint flag which fixes this issue, so we might be able to offer
something better now.

I'll look into it as soon as I find the time.

Albert

Then, the PDF file saving will have to be done from this window.

Email: aggraef at gmail.com, web: https://agraef.github.io/