[L2Ork-dev] Register before downloading?

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 12:14:43 EDT 2020

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 11:17 AM Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yep, it's a bug, caused by some recent hiccups with Gitlab. Also, some of the links on that rudimentary page point to funny places.

I can update that page so it doesn't require a login. Where should
those links point?

However, for cloning the repo we seem to be stuck with the login requirement.

1. The checkbox to restrict all public visibility *must* be checked to
prevent spammers from registering fake users. They then get their fake
user-profile listed on Google under a purr data URL.

2. That checkbox unfortunately restricts access to public repos, too.
There is apparently no more granular control, no way to disable user
profiles/snippes globally, and no plans by Gitlab to fix any of this.

If this is a problem our only course of action is to jettison Gitlab.
But that's a huge task and someone other than me would have to do all
the boring infrastructure adjustments for issue tracker, CI/runners,
etc.

-Jonathan