[L2Ork-dev] Purr Data 2.15.1 - Zexy library

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:41:05 EDT 2020

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 2:35 PM Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Joseph,
>
> Thanks for the report. This is the latest zexy from
> https://github.com/iem-projects/pd-zexy, which doesn't come as separate
> externals any more, but in its own library. So it's just `data` instead of
> `zexy/date`.
>
> The help patches should all be fine, but you probably have to change your
> patches accordingly. Sorry for the hassle, once again. :( But we just had
> to update zexy because our version was ancient, and didn't work in 64 bit
> Windows. On the positive side, the whole thing loads much quicker now.

Whoa, that is a huge regression and needs to be fixed.

namespace prefixes like zexy/date should be supported in all the default
libs, no exceptions.

And we can't require users to remember to do [declare -lib zexy] because
it's ugly and won't work with patches already in the wild before this
change.

Is there a compile-time option for Zexy to produce one-class-per-file
output, or was that removed in a newer version?

Also-- Albert, did you go through the `git log externals/zexy` to see if we
had any fixes for things that aren't upstream? The only thing I vaguely
recall had to do with hexloader, but that my have been a different external
lib...

-Jonathan