[L2Ork-dev] Missing preferences

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Oct 9 14:41:24 EDT 2020

So, I removed all ~/.purr-data ~/.pd-l2ork and other stuff and while
improved, that still resulted in some paths not loading properly. It was
only after I removed the leftover contents of /opt/purr-data that the
problems went away (those were dubiously left there during the
16.04->18.04->20.04 upgrade cycle even though purr-data was uninstalled).

This begs a question, why would a clean install of the latest branch
created using 'make all' located in the root folder be affected by the
/opt/ folder stuff before the /usr/lib stuff where it is installed?

At any rate, everything works now. This may need to be looked into,
however, as I am still not clear how we go about building a deb that is
installed inside the /opt/ folder.

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Director, Creativity + Innovation
Director, Human-Centered Design iPhD
Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology

Virginia Tech
Creative Technologies in Music
School of Performing Arts – 0141
Blacksburg, VA 24061