[L2Ork-dev] Linux dependencies in README.md build guide

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 12:28:03 EDT 2020

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 5:24 PM Jonathan Wilkes <jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But your control file has "python" under the "Suggests" heading.
>
> Does "Suggests" have an alternate meaning in the Debianese dialect of
> Vogon? :)

I don't think so. The dh-python dependency is a much more likely candidate,
but that's a build dependency. But it's hard to say what the cause of the
issue is without at least having a copy of the control file that you used.
Better yet, send me the entire .deb you built in private mail so that I can
have a look.

Yeah, Debian packaging is a real nightmare. I have no doubts that it was
actually invented by the Vogons. ;-) And it doesn't help that I have little
to no experience with those low-level tools like dpkg-deb. I always use
debuild instead.

Albert