[L2Ork-dev] Gitlab intro post

Calvin Kosmatka calvin.kosmatka at gmail.com
Wed May 27 20:27:18 EDT 2020

Thanks!

> On May 27, 2020, at 1:10 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Calvin,
>
> Welcome!
>
>> On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 1:05 PM Calvin Kosmatka
>> <calvin.kosmatka at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Introducing myself to this group - I'm Calvin Kosmatka. I'm a Linux sysadmin/developer and hobbyist experimental musician. I have experience with Pd as a user, but I'm hoping to get more familiar with the purr-data codebase and make contributions where I can. I'm also working on developing a standalone ARM/Linux/Pd based groovebox.
>
> That sounds interesting. How far along are you on the project?
>
> Best,
> Jonathan

It's still in the pretty early stages. At this point I'm focusing on the 'glue' - MIDI routing, custom MIDI to OSC bridge, and kernel drivers/device tree for I/O. Starting to work out the sequencer implementation. I'm prototyping on a Beaglebone Black, and eventually targeting a custom board (likely to be iMX8 based). It's a lot of work but I'm learning a ton in the process!

Best,
Calvin