[L2Ork-dev] Getting ready for GSoC coding to begin

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Wed May 27 16:55:43 EDT 2020

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 3:34 PM Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would it be difficult to retain the old behavior with -legacy? That's how we usually deal with compatibility issues like this, don't we?

I was going to mention that, except that it appears Ico is the main user of this
feature. So shifting to legacy mode would fix [select] for him while breaking
all his GOP interfaces!

> Also, I don't think that this warrants a major release bump. We didn't do that either, e.g., with the bendin fix, which IMHO is a similar case.

Somehow I missed that one.

On this one we have one reported case from Ico. As I understand it,
removing a public method like
this is a breaking change and thus warrants the version bump.

We should probably all figure out a consistent approach. But for this
particular version bump there aren't
any practical consequences, are there? I mean there's no automated
tooling wrapped around Purr Data
that is going to break one million in-dash entertainment systems or anything...

-Jonathan