[L2Ork-dev] Purr Data GSoC 2020: Cast of Characters (Zack Lee)

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sun May 10 23:48:45 EDT 2020

Here's a poll to identify optimal weekly meeting time with all times
assuming Eastern Time zone:

https://www.when2meet.com/?9114352-gn8RE

Since some of the participants are in the Europe, I imagine anything
after 5p Eastern (11p European) may not be practical, with more likely
times being in the morning Eastern time, which would be early afternoon
in the Europe. Do we have anyone on the West Coast? If so, perhaps noon
Eastern (9a West, 6p Europe) may work?

On 5/9/2020 4:28 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> Everyone-- what's a good day and time for a chat or zoom?
>
> On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 3:05 PM Zack Lee <cuinjune at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> My name is Zack and I'm one of the GSoC students who will be working on embedding Purr Data inside a web browser.
>>
>> I'm a first-year Master's student at Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP) at New York University so I currently live in New York. (GMT-4)
>>
>> I've been using Pd for about 10 years starting from using Pd-extended and have created some iOS musical apps using Pd. More recently, I've written a Pd external called Ofelia that allows Pd users to use openFrameworks and Lua to build cross-platform standalone apps.
>>
>> I'm relatively new to web development but I had a chance to create a few musical web apps using Pd and Emscripten through the semester and I'm super excited about the possibility of being able to patch in a web browser and share it with other people, and hopefully, the patch could be used in other web apps just by including the patch's URL.
>>
>> But of course, we need to discuss all these details together so it would be great to have the periodic Zoom conference call as Ivica suggested.
>>
>> It will be awesome to work with you guys and looking forward to having our first Zoom meeting soon.
>>
>> Best,
>> Zack
>>
>> P.S. Here are some of my recent works built using Pd and Emscripten in case you're interested:
>> https://github.com/cuinjune/ar-peggiator
>> https://github.com/cuinjune/face-dj
>> https://github.com/cuinjune/mongo-synth

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Director, Creativity + Innovation
Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology

Virginia Tech
Creative Technologies in Music
School of Performing Arts – 0141
Blacksburg, VA 24061