[L2Ork-dev] Current HEAD of Purr Data is broken

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 13:18:29 EDT 2020

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 8:14 AM Jonathan Wilkes <jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:30 AM Albert Graef <aggraef at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Sam,
> >
> > No, I'm using 0.24.4, which is the default version of nw.js on Linux that's supported in our build system. In any case, I'm using the same version as with the last release and with the last-known-working revision.
> >
> > Perhaps I've missed a stealth update of the nw.js version in recent times? ;-) If so, then the update *must* be reflected in the build system, and we should all be very cautious about all kinds of possible regressions due to the version update.
>
> So my plan was to do a smaller bugfix release yesterday with a few
> patches which Ico had told me don't depend on a
> newer version of nw.js.
>
> But his "patchset from hell" has inscrutable interdependencies on each
> other. So even those merges
> still required the updated version.
>
> I can confirm running HEAD against a local 0.46.3 nw.js on aarch64
> does indeed work to load and display patches.
>
> I'll update the binaries and build script.

Actually it looks like Albert made a nice fallback for nwjs.io in the case
the binaries aren't at git.purrdata.net.

Since CI is currently a bottleneck for GSoC, I'll just put the arm binary
in the nwjs-binaries repo.

That will save some space and ensure only the arm download puts
wget "pressure" on the gitlab instance.

That gets me an always buildable system on the arch I use (arm)
with no outside dependencies. If nwjs.io gets dodgy in the future we
can always add the other binaries here.

-Jonathan