[L2Ork-dev] How to detect whether canvas contains a toplevel array

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 21:16:15 EDT 2020

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 7:07 PM Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

> This is probably a question for Jonathan,
>
> Is there a variable within the pdgui.js that keeps track whether a
> window has a toplevel array (which would suggest we are opening a
> subpatch of the array object)?

No.

> If not, what may be the easiest way to
> pass this along from the backend? New global var array?

For now that seems to be the case.

Hm, this may need to trigger another round to "de-tcl-fy" the
frontend. There are global vars sprinkled all around pdgui.js
and we need a single place to get and set them.

Might be able to just steal from jquery:

gui(cid).prop("editmode") to get the value
gui(cid).prop("editmode", true) to set it

What do you think?

-Jonathan