[L2Ork-dev] Undo support

Guillem Bartrina Moreno guillembartrina at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 08:31:45 EDT 2020

Hi all,
I almost finished the new autosubpatching feature, only leaving undo/redo
support.
I have several questions regarding this topic.
All the actions performed by the feature can be partitioned into 2+ basic
actions that already have undo support: 1 cut + 1 paste + N connects (or 1
cut + 1 paste + 1 special paste, if we slightly change the "dopaste"
function, probably not the best option).
The question is if it's worth it to implement a new undo type for the
feature or instead would be better implement a new special undo type that
implements a multi-step undo by having a private queue of basic undo steps
and executing all of them in a row. This special undo type could be used
not only in this feature but somewhere else in the future.

What do you think?
Especially to Ico, who implemented the infinite undo.

--
Guillem Bartrina Moreno