[L2Ork-dev] Excalibur Bug

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 00:49:43 EDT 2020

Getting closer--

You should get perfect, predictable scrollbar behavior by removing the
following line from pd_canvas.js:

<!DOCTYPE html>

Of course you'd have to also remove all the kludges currently in the
resizing algo.

By removing this line, all browsers will render the page in "quirks
mode." Quirks mode uses some
old compatibility rendering algos that pre-date HTML5. Older web pages
don't have the !DOCTYPE
directive and therefore will be displayed properly.

Now the problem is this: given the various quirksmode features, I have
no idea which of them is
responsible for fixing this issue. And while it must be possible that
non-quirks mode can achieve this
same obvious, unsurprising behavior I don't know what incantation of
CSS soup is required to
get it.

Does anyone know an HTML5 guru who can recite for me the correct CSS
incantation here?

If not I may have just figured out a workaround...