[L2Ork-dev] 2.11 build for Linux

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 04:40:35 EDT 2020

Hi Joseph,

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 11:39 AM Joe Linux <linux.rouen at free.fr> wrote:

> - Good news :) Put -> Object-> [pianoroll] is now effectively putting this
> object visible into my patch and its help file is also well accessible and
> displayed.
> So, I will start playing with it and see what I can get out from it, even
> as an "only step sequencer".

Nice. :) Couldn't resist...
 on-the-run.pd
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cxL83mY3rlaP0XysXgWNO2mpVJ6bWf7H/view?usp=drive_web>
[image: on-the-run.png]

> . "Zoom-Out shortcut" with a French AZERTY keyboard, Ctrl(+)- = Put ->
> [Dropdown] = so in fact Ctrl(+)6, which is very dangerous when
> French-speaking people are only using your project and are not programmers.
> And there is no warning at all that you have been switched to "Editmode".

Yeah, I guess [Ctrl][-] inserts a dropdown list on AZERTY? Not nice.

I don't like the [Ctrl][6] shortcut for dropdown lists anyway. For me, that
GUI element seems more akin to the IEM extra GUI elements, so couldn't we
just move it there in the menu, and change the shortcut to something like
[Ctrl][Shift][L] along the way?

That would be the easiest solution IMHO. I'm open to suggestions there, but
the [Ctrl][-] shortcut *is* the most obvious choice for zooming out, ppl
would be rather surprised if it's on another key.

Ok, I guess it's best to move this discussion to the issue tracker now. (
https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/-/issues/581)

Email: aggraef at gmail.com, web: https://agraef.github.io/