[L2Ork-dev] Packaging Purr Data as a Flatpak for Linux

Sam Thursfield ssssam at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 14:53:41 EST 2019

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 7:23 PM Jonathan Wilkes <jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com> wrote:
>I'd make sure that the description of the package as it appears to the
>user mentions those outstanding bugs.

That makes sense -- we need to be clear about the limitations of the
Flatpak distribution. I've added a relevant note to the <description>
in the .metainfo.xml file.

> > These icons are quite low-res. For Flathub we need a 64x64 and a
> > 128x128 pixel icon[1]. Are there any higher resolution cats?
>
> What resolution do you need?
>
> It might just be worthwhile for me to make an svg of the cat.

An .svg would be ideal. At the moment Flathub want a 64x64 and 128x128
resolution, but in future we may get bigger screens and bigger icons
:)

> > I submitted a request to the Flathub app store[2]. There will probably
> > be some work needed before Purr Data is published there, but i wanted
> > to get some feedback from them early on.
>
> Sounds good. Let us know here as you have questions or need help.

Their main request was that the supporting files for the Flatpak build
are kept in the upstream repository. I've opened
https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/merge_requests/321 for
this.

I discovered that for each release of Purr Data, we will need to add a
small <release> tag to the net.purrdata.PurrData.metainfo.xml file. I
don't like manual processes like this, so I wonder if you have any
ideas on how to automate it at release-time? Or perhaps we can
generate all the entries at build-time by looking at the Git tags.

Sam