[L2Ork-dev] Packaging Purr Data as a Flatpak for Linux

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 13:21:26 EST 2019

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 5:21 PM Sam Thursfield <ssssam at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think for the moment the sandbox is going to prevent realtime
priority, and it also prevents using JACK.

Those are substantial drawbacks for a realtime DSP environment.

I'd make sure that the description of the package as it appears to the
user mentions
those outstanding bugs. Use all caps or bold-faced font to redirect
Debian/Arch/Ubuntu users to the
current download links for those systems. In other words-- make the
description scary
and ugly so that it's clear that the distribution channel is currently
only for flatpak
enthusiasts (or Fedora users) and not the general public yet.

I'm happy that you're working on this. It's just that for whatever reason users
always link "realtime" with "use Jack". That paired with the obvious desire for
realtime priorites makes me want to be proactive about avoiding any
bugs to the issue
tracker related to flatpak regarding this.