[L2Ork-dev] GSoC: GUI toolkit status

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Sun May 26 21:14:23 EDT 2019

Hi list,

I'm currently in the middle of building more recent versions of nw.js for ARM.

The version we're currently using is 0.14.7 which is built upon Chromium 50.

That means EcmaScript 5 and some DOM/CSS limitations (no grid support,
only partial ES 6 support, no pointervents API, etc.).

So for GSoC, let's go ahead and just target the current version in
use. Then if I'm able to get a newer version of the toolkit running on
all platforms we can switch to that seamlessly.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Coding officially begins tomorrow for GSoC, so happy hacking!

Best,
Jonathan