[L2Ork-dev] Welcoming GSoC Participants

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Tue May 14 13:11:16 EDT 2019

Hello list,

We are excited to welcome Aayush and Shaoqian to the Purr Data project!

We chose their Purr Data project proposals for participation in Google
Summer of Code this year. And fittingly, they chose to accept our
choice. (The GSoC application process is an intriguing little dance :)

Aayush has chosen to work on the ASCII art to Purr Data diagram
conversion project, and Shaoqian will be porting the "K12" mode that
Ico introduced in Pd-l2ork 1.0.

The GSoC program pairs each student with at least one mentor for the
summer. Naturally Ico is mentoring the "K12" project. I'm mentoring
the ASCII art project. Matt Barber has also signed up to mentor, and
his expertise will certainly be appreciated on both projects.

If others would like to mentor for either project just send me an
email. You would not need to have the entire summer free-- just a
working knowledge of Purr Data and enough time to give useful feedback
(whether it's reviewing patches, testing, or something else).

I'll be sending some more emails in the next few days about more details.

In the meantime-- congratulations to Aayush and Shaoqian. We look
forward to working with you!

Best,
Jonathan