[L2Ork-dev] Hello, and a rough plan on how to port K12 mode for GSoC

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 21:59:33 EDT 2019

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 9:33 PM Coniine Dieu <coniinedieu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Currently as we are using PNG files for k12 abstractions, we use [image] to load it. However I'm not sure how to do the same for SVG files since it seems that both [image] and [ggee/image] do not support it. I am wondering, if we are using SVG files for k12 abstractions, does that mean we have to write new objects that loads SVG files? Or are there other ways to do this?

[draw image] and [ggee/image] both use the same interface for loading
images in the GUI.
And [draw image] supports SVG so it shouldn't be difficult to change
[ggee/image] to support
them, too.

But this is something that can be done incrementally. For example,
getting the PNGs to work
first, then testing by changing one to an SVG.

-Jonathan