[L2Ork-dev] Purr-Data fixes to the build instructions for Linux Ubuntu 18.04

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 00:04:15 EST 2019

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 10:57 PM Ivica Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>
> Sounds good to me. BTW, I am now slowly crawling through the new code. I noticed there are a number of improvements that have not been ported from pd-l2ork, like multiline comments that don't break compatibility with pd (albeit there they also lose implicit endlines),

There are a few problems with the "\v" substitution:

https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/issues/459

Related to that-- it would be *really* nice to find a more robust
solution to this instead of
mapping to obscure ASCII character codes. I'm doing something similar
with a different
ASCII character to read incoming messages in the GUI. In both cases
these characters
make "-d 3" mode look ugly and create problems when people try to cut/paste the
corresponding content in an issue/textfile/etc.

> array name positioning,

Don't remember that one.

> and in general dialog clean-up.

Not sure what that means.

> I am also noticing small cosmetic discrepancies. It appears on 18.04 the fonts are somewhat garbled.

Screenshot?

> Perhaps that is a particular nw.js version that I may be using. This makes me wonder, does the build process automatically update to the latest version of nw.js?

No. We're on the old stable version which apparently still supports XP
and old OSX versions (10.8/10.9 maybe?). At least with OSX
there are apparently still users on those old versions.

At some point we're going to have to drop support for them. But at
least atm the most current version of nw.js isn't building
for arm. If we're going to move to a new version I'd really like it to
be the same version for all platforms.

> Also, the GOP K12 objects appear to be offset by a pixel (or it may be the ggee image). Does purr-data by default use legacy iemgui positioning or pd-l2ork's?

It uses Pd-l2ork's.

-Jonathan