[L2Ork-dev] Introduction

Jeremiah Rose jeremiah.aaron.rose at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 07:39:38 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Just signed up on the Purr Data GitLab so here's my introductory email ^_^

I've been using PD and PD-extended on the Raspberry Pi for a prototype of
an electric trumpet that I'm building. At the moment I'm working on a
minimal Buildroot OS for the RPi0w to boot directly to Pure Data - that
project is over at https://github.com/jeremiahrose/RPi0w-PD and it works
good but doesn't do PD yet.

My immediate goal is to make a Buildroot package for either Purr Data or PD
Vanilla (or both!) and if you guys want, I could try to get it pulled into
the main Buildroot repo.

More generally I'm interested in using a headless Pure Data in embedded
contexts. I read the conversation
<http://disis.music.vt.edu/pipermail/l2ork-dev/2017-June/001384.html> with
Giulio from the Bela project and I feel like my needs are pretty much
aligned with his in regards to separation of GUI and backend.
I would like to use a headless Pure Data on one machine, and then
subsequently connect a browser based GUI from another machine to edit the
currently running patch. So I'm keen on the HTML GUI used in Purr Data and
would like to learn more about how that's implemented, and what I can do to
help with any efforts to separate GUI from backend.

Cheers!
Jeremiah