[L2Ork-dev] GSoC Contributions

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 11:46:28 EST 2019

Hello Akshat,

Welcome!

Have you worked on an open source project before?

For Purr Data, a good place to start is to install it and skim some of the
tutorials
using the Help Browser in the "Help" menu. That will show you the basic
UI and how to generate sound in realtime.

Once you've done that, uninstall it and try to build Purr Data using guide
here:

https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data#build-guide

For the projects you listed you can use the `make light` recipe to build
only the
core without all the extra libraries. All in all it should take about 5-10
minutes.

Once you've successfully built and installed Purr Data, try fixing one of
the issues
on the tracker labeled "good-first-bug." You can use the contributors guide
for help:

https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data#contributor-guide

In fact, I just added a really easy first bug here:

https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/issues/509

Best,
Jonathan