[L2Ork-dev] Potential Gem bug?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 23 10:11:38 EDT 2019

On 23.04.19 13:48, Ivica Bukvic wrote:
> Thank you, IOhannes. As a point of clarification, this affects pd-l2ork
> (1.x) but not Purr-Data (2.x). Also, Gem is compiled from source and no
> other pd version is installed, so I am unsure why there should be any
> binary incompatibility.

because Gem might make assumptions about the (private) binary layout
which do not hold true for Pd-l2ork.

afaict, it is *not* Gem that is crashing, but rather pd-l2ork itself:
the last call i see is to namelist_append(). so either this procedure
does not fulfil the expectations of Gem, or the "sys_searchpath" symbol¹
(which is passed as the first argument to namelist_append()).

gfmdsrt
IOhannes

¹ "symbol" as in "variable name" or "function name"; totally unrelated
to Pd's t_symbol.