[L2Ork-dev] Trouble adding knob object in purr-data

Antoine Z antoine.zavattero at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 06:19:31 EST 2018

Hi dear list,

I'm trying to add knob object to purr-data so I could use Zynpadsynth
patch. But i've trouble making the knob makefile. I don't know if it come
from the knob makefile, my distribution (ubuntu studio 18.02) or purr-data,
but maybe someone more skilled than me could help me find an answer...

I took the knob object from A. Graef Github:
https://github.com/agraef/purr-data/tree/master/externals/footils/knob

And changed the directory at the top of the makefile like that:
PD_DIR= /opt/purr-data/lib/pd-l2ork/extra
That's what I understood from the readme but i'm not sure of what I did...

Here is my terminal output:
jokoko at jokoko-K56CB:~/Bureau/patch/synth/knob$ sudo make
cc -O2 -Wall -DPD -fPIC -I../../src
-I/opt/purr-data/lib/pd-l2ork/extra//src -c knob.c
knob.c:24:10: fatal error: m_imp.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
 #include "m_imp.h"
          ^~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
makefile:81: recipe for target 'knob.pd_linux' failed
make: *** [knob.pd_linux] Error 1

I'm not at all used to compile files, so I don't understand the issue.
*little translation point: "aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type" means "no
file or folder of this kind".

Any idea?

Thank you everyone, and keep going on for opensources!