[L2Ork-dev] Ad hoc parsers in Purr Data

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 19:05:49 EDT 2018

I'm not against fixing bugs we inherited from vanilla. In fact I did
fix some of those long-standing bugs myself. Some of that got
accepted, some (like the range mismatch of bending/bendout) got
rejected upstream, but we still have all those fixes in Pd-l2ork and
Purr Data.

This problem is different because it may affect patch compatibility.
(If I recall correctly, it's been a while that I looked into this.)
This needs to be considered carefully. I'm firmly opposed to any
change which makes us loose the ability to exchange patches between
Purr Data and vanilla. That would be a real showstopper.

Albert