[L2Ork-dev] GSoC Update

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 20:29:38 EDT 2018

Hi list,

After some input I added two new project ideas to
the idea list:

https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/summer-of-code-ideas-list/blob/master/README.md

The JIT compiler idea came after reading the message on
the Pd user list about the jit_expr classes:

https://github.com/x37v/jit-expr

So if there's a particularly ambitious student out there who
wants to try their hand at both testing/improving those
classes and potentially using them as a jumping off point for
a more general approach to JIT compilation in Purr Data,
that would make a fascinating project.

I also added a project idea regarding Patrick Pagano's
suggestion about getting LV2 plugins working/shipping in
Purr Data, plus making Purr Data work well with the standard
audio plugin APIs and documenting things clearly. This would
be an excellent project for any student wanting to get their
feet wet in the realtime audio world.

Please have a look at the idea list and help trim things down
and clean them up a bit.

Finally, the mentors should probably give some idea of which
project ideas they'd like to mentor if those projects get
chosen. I'd like to take a shot at the webapp API if a student
picks it. Other than that I'm pretty easy.

Best,
Jonathan