[L2Ork-dev] comparison test on [jmmmp] library + gsc suggestions

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 04:12:41 EDT 2018

Hi list,

Since I had a break, I did a small report on my abstraction library. I
compared it to pd-ext, to see if there were any bugs. Most of it works,
here are the issues I found:

- bezier - the patch opens, but everything goes white
- matrixctrl - when the help patch opens, it's in edit mode. It also
switches to edit mode when running some of the commands such as size and
cellsize. I imagine it's because of some of the gop commands inside
matrixctrl. It also switches off the gui update, e.g. a banged bang won't
be seen afterwards, until purr is restarted.
- jp.menu and jp.preset - similiar issues as matrixctrl (also dynamic gop
doesn't work)
- pix2canvas - [Gem/pix_image] doesn't open the same files that it opens in
Pd-ext (maybe this isn't a purr problem)
- pd-colors (and others) - In general, drawing of structs seems to be
slower than in pd-ext
- sliders - I can't move the structs, it seems that the control points
aren't acessible (not even in the canvas where they're drawn, instead of
through a gop)
- swatch - [ggee/image] doesn't load the swatch image (although when I open
the help, it shows some images)

Most of these seem to be problems related to donecanvasdialog and similar
gop-related commands.

Another suggestion, it would be faster to work with purr if one could use
key shortcuts for the menus and windows (but maybe I mentioned this in the
past already).
Segmented patch cords would also help in some particular cases.
I get the feeling that the gui is a bit slower than pd-ext, but I didn't
test this during performance, or looked at any values.

Best,

Joao