[L2Ork-dev] UB (was Re: Suggestions for PurrD GSoC 2018)

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:04:26 EDT 2018

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 9:51 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
> could you please point me to a single instance of UB in any
> implementation of any computer language where this is not true?

Any kind of UB related to parallel execution, such as race conditions,
falls into that category. At least I wouldn't call it "defined
behavior" if you need to run the program before you can tell me
whether it will deadlock (which is an undecidable property to begin
with). If you call this "defined behavior" then there's no UB at all.
;-)

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com