[L2Ork-dev] Suggestions for PurrD GSoC 2018

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 05:48:14 EDT 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:49 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
> you are right, of course i am 100% against any "feature" that would make
> it easier for people to create patches with undefined behaviour.

IOhannes, you're right on this, of course. But there are (few)
situations where you simply don't (have to) care about the execution
order. Also, one might argue that Pd *has* in fact a defined (though
officially unspecified) behavior in this case, namely that the
outgoing patch cords are traversed in the order in which they were
created. Has been that way as long as I can remember.

However, I fully agree that this is bad practice, one should always
use trigger in such cases.

It's worth noting here that Pd-l2ork also has an "intelligent" mode
which lets you distribute the outlets of objects like trigger to the
inlets of a number of objects all in one go. That feature is not
particularly perspicuous, though, and so it's rarely used.

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com