[L2Ork-dev] Suggestions for PurrD GSoC 2018

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 08:55:20 EDT 2018

Thanks for the suggestions, João.

> Data structures:
> Implement new high-level objects to deal with elements: the current objects
> are too basic, and programming is slow and repetitive, or impossible without
> a gui (e.g. deleting scalars). Would it be possible to integrate the code
> with Pd Vanilla afterwards?

I'm not sure what you mean by "high-level" here. Could you explain a little
more?

> Html5
> If Pd is already html, would it be possible to have Purrd running
> automatically in the background of a html5 page on a website? At a first
> stage without gui, but afterwards with it?

There's already a project idea for this: "API for HTML5 Web Apps"

> Dynamic object list "page"
> An updated object list doesn't exist in Pd. Since many (all?) objects in
> PurrD have documentation patches, it should be possible to create a dynamic
> object reference page with columns such as name, library, explanation,
> author, ... An example is at
> http://puredata.info/Members/jmmmp/0.INTRO-100105.xls/at_download/file

Are you talking about a patch here?

> In/Out audio mappings
> Another interesting feature in Max is a general in/out audio matrix that can
> be changed on demand. This would allow to use different main inlets/outlets
> without having to edit the patch.

Sounds interesting.

> GenPd
> With Gen, Max offers a possibility to develop DSP code in a dataflow
> environment. Is something like that possible in Pd?

This is something more low-level than expr~/fexpr~?

> The only programming language I can program is Pd, so I can only offer
> something related to that: testing patches, preparing documentation,
> preparing examples, ... Also depending on the available time, of course.

That would be extremely helpful.

> More ideas might come, but I wanted to leave something just from the top of
> my head.

Thanks!

-Jonathan