[L2Ork-dev] Purr Data GSoC Mentors

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 13:32:31 EDT 2018

Hi list,
For Purr Data's participation as a mentor organization in GSoC, we
currently have three mentors: Ivica Bukvic, Giulio Moro, and Jonathan
Wilkes (me).

We've also had inquiries from potential students about several of the
project ideas so far. I updated the contributor guide[1] which should
make it easier for anyone to start contributing to Purr Data.

Also, it looks like Albert is almost finished making some long-needed
improvements to the build system. These are also improvements that
will benefit not just GSoC participants but the project as a whole.
Thanks, Albert!

Finally, I made a post on the Pd forum[1] pointing out that a good
number of the project ideas can benefit from mentors who work mainly
(or even exclusively) in the Pd language. The Pd community seems to
have an unusually large number of experts who don't think of
themselves as experts. :)

So if anyone else wants to participate, let us know.

Best,
Jonathan

[1] https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data#contributor-guide
[2] https://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/11278/purr-data-gsoc-2018