[L2Ork-dev] porting disis_munger~ to C

Jonathan Wilkes jon.w.wilkes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 18:02:03 EST 2018

Hi list,

As an experiment I threw together a draft of [disis_munger~] ported to
C. I haven't tried to compile it yet (and it certainly doesn't compile
yet) but all the major functionality should be present.

Instead of relying on Flext and Flext's dependency STK, I just ported
the relevant ADSR class to C and removed all the Flext wrapper stuff
from the code.

So now there's disis_munger.c, ADSR.h, and ADSR.c for the envelope helpers.

My hypothesis is that porting it will actually be cheaper than getting
Flext/STK running on all platforms:

* no external dependencies/dependency management
* very little chance of platform-specific development time
* C lib build scripts with no external deps are trivial on all platforms

I'll spend some time finishing it and testing it over the next few days:

https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/merge_requests/173