[L2Ork-dev] disis_munger~ in last purr-data release?

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 01:23:45 EST 2018

I *think* that pyext is still supported, given that the latest commit in
https://github.com/grrrr/py is from May 10, 2017. The problem with Python
is that it drags in a bunch of dependencies of its own, including the
entire Python runtime environment. It's not a big problem per se, as Python
is readily available on all platforms we support, but it adds technical
debt and someone *will* have to integrate it *and* then support it in Purr
Data, on *all* supported platforms which includes Mac and Windows. And that
someone would presumably be *you*, or anyone else who needs this badly
enough so that s/he's willing to put in the effort. ;-)

Pd-Lua is much easier to support, as Lua is *designed* to be embedded. You
can just link to the static Lua library and be done with it, no further
runtime dependencies. In fact I got ready-to-use binaries over here (I've
already been using these in my courses last semester):
https://github.com/agraef/pd-lua. (Note that this is a fork of IOhannes'
Debian repo, I just did some minor touches for Lua 5.3 support and to make
the stuff build on Mac and Windows again).

Albert

Email:  aggraef at gmail.com